Lemon Asparagus Orzo Pasta Salad
Looking for an easy and light pasta salad? This is a quick and simple recipe to whip up in 20 minutes or less! Prep this healthy pasta salad ahead for the week for a quick meal or bring to a summer barbecue.
- 6 Quart Pot
- Sharp knife
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Medium sauté pan
- 8 oz cooked orzo pasta (cooled) cook according to the package.
- 1 pound asparagus chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 oz mozzarella pearls
- 3 tbsp fresh basil shredded
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to medium sauté pan. Add in chopped asparagus to pan over medium-high heat. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked orzo, cherry tomatoes, cooled asparagus, mozzarella and basil.
- Add olive oil, balsamic, lemon mixture to the large mixing bowl. Toss to combine and enjoy!
If the pasta salad gets a little dry toss with more olive oil.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @zezza_cooks on Instagram and hashtag it #zezzacooks.