These fresh flavored packed meatballs are a quick and easy dinner to whip up. They are so versatile you can freeze them, prep for a light week day lunch or as a quick and easy appetizer.
Healthy Baked Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 1/3 cup white onion minced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to to 400F° Add olive oil to a large baking sheet coating the surface evenly.
- Mix in a large bowl the remaining ingredients. Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Next, form the meat mixture into roughly 2 inch balls. Smoothing the balls by rolling them in between your hands.
- Transfer the meatballs to the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes and flip the meatballs halfway through cooking.
- Enjoy these meatballs with your favorite marinara sauce or check out my top-rated homemade tomato sauce recipe.