Crockpot beef stew perfect for a cold winter night. Tender chunks of beef packed with flavor and cooked with carrots, celery, onions, garlic and potatoes giving it a hearty flavorful bite in every spoonful.
Cozy Tender Beef Stew
- Sharp knife
- 1.5 lbs beef chuck roast cubed
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes peeled & chopped
- 2 carrots peeled & sliced
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 1/2 cup white onion sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Coat beef cubes with flour and season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to a large skillet and bring to medium to hight heat. Add beef to skillet and saute for 1-2 minutes or until lightly brown. Add to crockpot.
- In the same skillet add the onions and garlic and a splash of broth to deglaze the pan.
- Add onions and garlic mix to crockpot. Next, add in carrot, celery, potatos, tomato paste, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, oregano and bay leafs.
- Cook on high heat in crockpot for 3.5-4 hours. Remove bay leafs when ready to serve.