Anyone else grow up on Italian Dunkers? They were a big hit at my school growing up and had to recreate this beloved childhood dish. The chewy crusty bread topped with a gooey, cheesy with a hint of garlic flavor is just mouth watering. Garnish with fresh basil and served with aside of marinara sauce.
Cheesy Italian Dunkers
- Baking Sheet
- 8 slices sour dough bread
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan reggiano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 °F. Top bread slices with olive oil and garlic powder.
- Top each bread slice with 1 slice mozzarella and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with side of marinara sauce. Season with salt and pepper.