Couscous, Kale & Egg Soup
Literally this is my go-to dinner all the time! I seriously love soup and cook it a lot! It’s such a basic soup but don’t let that fool you! It’s rich, savory, and perfect for a lighter comfort food. The eggs added in create long ribbon-like strings that almost remind me of a noodle while providing added protein to the dish. I love me some spice and this dish has a really nice kick to it but feel free to add less or more depending on your preference.
- 6 Quart Pot
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups kale removed from stems and chopped
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup israeli pearl couscous
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken broth, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, dill and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling stir the soup in one direction in a circle and gently pour in the beaten eggs while continuing to stir.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and add in israeli couscous, kale and butter. Cook until for 5 minutes or until couscous is tender. Enjoy with saltine crackers or a nice slice of crusty bread.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @zezza_cooks on Instagram and hashtag it #zezzacooks.