Fresh blackberries cooked down and slightly mashed up with a little lemon, sugar and salt. Topped on a crunchy crostini with creamy brie cheese and fresh basil. A perfect holiday appetizer to bring to party or to serve to your guests.
Brie Blackberry Basil Crostini’s
- Sauce Pan
- Sharp knife
- 8 oz Brie Cheese Softened to room temp.
- 1 Sourdough Baguette Thinly sliced
- 1 quart Fresh blackberries
- 2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- Fresh Basil For Garnish/Topping
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Add thinly sliced baguette to a large baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with flaky salt. Bake for 6-9 minutes or until lightly crispy.
- Add blackberries, sugar, lemon juice and water to a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stirring occasionally and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Lightly mash the blackberries with a potato masher or wooden spoon.
- Top the baguette slices with a thick layer of brie cheese, a spoonful of the blackberry mixture and lastly top with fresh basil.