Creamy Tomato Pasta
The creamy tomato pasta recipe is a perfect & easy date night dinner that is sure to impress. This homemade creamy tomato sauce has the perfect balance of a light creamy richness, with faint hints of garlic, salty & nutty parmesan cheese and a little heat from the red pepper flakes.
- Emulsion Blender
- Dutch Oven
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 28 oz whole San Marzano peeled plum tomatoes, tomatoes crushed by hand or with an emulsion blender
- 12 oz pasta noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2-4 Parmesan rinds cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup pasta water (save from cooking pasta noodles)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp shallot or onion
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves hand torn
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Add olive oil to a large dutch over pot and bring to medium heat. Add in garlic shallots & red pepper flakes and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in canned whole peel tomatoes & parmesan rinds to pot. Cook on a low simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove parmesan rinds (its ok if some dissolved in the sauce). Blend the sauce with an emulsion blender until smooth.
- Mix in heavy cream, pasta water, and noodles to sauce. Garnish with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.