My new favorite cocktail! I love a good craft cocktail that is not too sweet and fresh. Ever since Covid I have been missing ordering one of these at a nice restaurant and having them do all the work, while I sit back and admire. So I came up with this easy recipe to make and not to complicated but amazing craft cocktail to makeup for this. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Cheers!
Honey Lemon Whiskey Cocktail
This cocktail is so fresh and tart from the lemon that pairs nicely with the sweetness of the honey. Adding that splash of tonic water helps to balance the lemon. Garish the cocktail with the classic lemon twist and a few blackberries to add a pop of color.
- Cocktail shaker
- Shot glass
- 4 fl oz whiskey
- 1.5 oz fresh lemon juice 1 large lemon should work
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 oz lemon bitter tonic water or regular tonic water (if you can't find the other one) (a splash)
- lemon twist for garnish
- blackberries for garnish
- Combine whiskey, lemon juice, and honey in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds.
- Strain cocktail into an old-fashioned or rocks glass filled with ice until 3/4 full. Add a splash of tonic water to top it off. Garnish with lemon twist and blackberries.
Here is a link to lemon bitter tonic water
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @zezza_cooks on Instagram and hashtag it #zezzacooks.