Avocado & Egg Veggie Rice Bowl
Simple and healthy rice bowls that are great for meal prepping. Keep extra rice and veggies on hand in the fridge for a quick rice bowl and top it with a over easy egg for the added nutrition and protein. The rice, egg and avocado are a must have in this dish, but feel free to mix up the veggies to whatever you have in your kitchen. For this recipe I used sautéed mushrooms, scallions, carrots, radishes. I topped it off with sesame seeds, dash soy sauce and Sriracha.
- Sauce Pan
- Sautee Pan
- Sharp knife
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- hot sauce (for serving)
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and Sauté over med-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook until desired doneness, about 30 seconds for a runny yolk.
- Mix scallions, rice, and soy sauce in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice among bowls; top with eggs, avocado, mushrooms, carrots, radishes, and purple cabbage to your bowl. Top with hot sauce and sesame seeds.
To make this recipe even healthier and carb free try using cauliflower rice instead of regular rice.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @zezza_cooks on Instagram and hashtag it #zezzacooks.