Fresh and simple homemade nut free pesto. Store the pesto in jar in the fridge to keep on hand for an easy flavor boost to any meal. Basil nut free pesto goes perfect with any chicken, beef, fish or vegetables. I love to keep it on hand as a side dipping sauce for sandwiches, bread, pizza & potatoes.
Simple and Fresh Homemade Nut Free Pesto
- Food Processor
- Large Sauce Pan
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds (unsalted)
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound orecchiette noodles pasta noodles cooked per the directions on box
- In food processor add in basil, garlic, olive oil, Parmigiano Reggiano & sunflower seeds and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl add homemade pesto sauce and toss with the cooked noodles. Season with salt and pepper.
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @zezza_cooks on Instagram and hashtag it #zezzacooks.