Fresh and healthy potato salad that is light and perfect for summer BBQs and parties! The onions soaked in the red wine vinegar help cut back on the pungent onion taste and adds a nice tang. Its best to serve this potato salad right away while the potatoes are still warm.
Sicilian Vegan Potato Salad
- Sharp knife
- Sauce Pan
- Large Bowl
- 6 yukon gold potatoes peeled, chopped and cooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olives sliced in half
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 white or red onion thinly sliced onions soaked in red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil torn by hand
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- salt and pepper season to taste
- Soak onions in red wine for at least 20 minutes or more.
- Peel and cut potatoes into medium chunks. Boil potatoes in salted water and cook until they are fork tender.
- In large bowl, add potatoes, onions, tomatoes, kalamata olives, capers, olive oil, basil and olive oil. Toss to mix well and season with salt and pepper. Serve right away while the potatoes are still warm.